These keto chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy, and full of chocolate chips, you won’t believe they are low carb! 6 simple ingredients needed, these truly are the best keto cookies you’ll ever make! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto desserts CAN taste just as good as classic ones. I’ve tried it with all kinds of desserts, and I love how AMAZING they taste. We’ve done cheesecake, ice cream, and chocolate cake, and recently, we’ve added chocolate chip cookies into the mix.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 6 Ingredients. Simple and easy to find keto ingredients that you probably have in your pantry now!
- Quick and easy. The entire recipe takes less than 12 minutes to make.
- Perfect texture. Crisp edges, soft and chewy in the middle, and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 2 grams carbs. These make the ultimate low carb dessert.
What I love about these cookies is just how perfect they turn out every single time. If you are worried that keto cookies won’t taste as good as traditional ones, don’t fret- these are just like any good choc chip cookie out there.
- Cashew butter- Gives the cookies a buttery texture, without the need for any butter or oil! You can substitute this with tahini.
- Granulated sweetener of choice- I used allulose, but erythritol or monk fruit sweetener should also work.
- Baking Soda- Helps the cookies from overspreading, while helping them hold their shape.
- Eggs- Room temperature eggs.
- Vanilla Extract- A must for any good cookie recipe!
- Keto chocolate chips- The star ingredient- I used homemade sugar free chocolate chips. You can also chop up a keto chocolate bar if you’d like pools of chocolate throughout.
Make the cookie dough: Start by whisking together the cashew butter, sweetener, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla extract, until just combined. Fold through the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough: Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Shape and bake: Now, form 12 balls of cookie dough and place them on a lined baking sheet, and bake or 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Avoid over mixing the dough, as it can affect how thick they remain, and soft and chewy in the middle.
- If you prefer thicker cookies, refrigerate the dough for at least 45 minutes.
- Do not over-bake the cookies as they continue to cook as they are cooling down.
- If you enjoy your cookies loaded with chocolate chips and evenly dispersed, mix half the chocolate chips in the batter and reserve the other half for the top of them. Also, consider removing the cookies out of the oven around the 8-minute mark and adding a few more on top.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover cookies will keep at room temperature in a sealed container, for up to 2 weeks. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are just 2 grams of carbs in each chocolate chip cookie.
You can replace the eggs with a tested egg substitute.
Depending on the brand, each 1 tablespoon serving of keto chocolate chips has between 1-3 grams of carbs.
Swap out the cashew butter for almond butter, tahini, or sunflower seed butter.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine your cashew butter, granulated sweetener, egg, baking soda, and mix until combined. Fold in your chocolate chips. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using your hands, form 12 small balls of cookie dough. Place each ball on the lined tray and press each one into a thick cookie shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray completely.
TO STORE: Leftover cookies will keep at room temperature in a sealed container, for up to 2 weeks. They will keep longer when stored in the refrigerator.
TO FREEZE: Place leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 23IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g