Learn how to make pork chops in the instant pot and transform the flavor! Easy steps, simple ingredients, and ready in 10 minutes!
You may have tried some of my pork chop recipes, like air fried ones and skillet ones. But none has been as easy as this.
Using an instant pot to cook pork has been an absolute game changer and my new favorite way to cook anything and everything!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy. The beauty of the instant pot is that it does all the work for you. With less than 5 minutes prep time, it is foolproof.
- Fast. If you think air fryer recipes are fast, you are in for a treat. Even the thickest cuts of meat cook in no time!
- Delicious. Cooking recipes in an instant pot makes them more juicy, tender and flavorful.
- Healthy. With just a smidge of butter and a dash of brown sugar, there is very little in terms of added fat and sugar!
The convenience of using an instant pot really is a two in one. You get all the delicious flavor and texture of slow cooked chops but in a fraction of the time– it’s a win-win!
Besides a few seasonings, this recipe uses just a handful of ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pork chops. Choose boneless chops that are at least 1 1/2 inches in thickness. This helps keep the cooking time accurate.
- Brown sugar. Balances out the saltier ingredients.
- Dried parsley. Enhances flavor.
- Garlic. Minced.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Butter. Either salted or unsalted works.
- Worcestershire sauce. You can also use soy sauce.
- Chicken or pork broth. A much more flavorful option for cooking the meat compared to standard water.
How to make instant pot pork chops?
The beauty of an instant pot is that it takes care of all the hard work snd this recipe is no different. Ready to cook some up?
Step 1- season the pork chops
Start by adding sugar, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops.
Step 2- Prepare the instant pot
Set the instant pot to saute mode and heat it. Add butter and make the chops brown on both sides by heating each side for 3 minutes.
Step 3- Cook the pork chops
Add soup and sauce to the instant pot and close the lid. Set the timer to 7 minutes and turn on the pressure cooker. Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally before you remove the lid to release the remaining pressure manually.
Transfer to a plate, and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- When you’ve sauteed the chops and notice brown bits at the bottom of the pot, stir them with a spatula before adding the sauce and other ingredients. This will ensure the broth is flavorful and the meat remains juicy.
- You can add onion powder, garlic powder or any of your favorite seasonings to add more flavor to the recipe.
- Never add pork chops to the instant pot without heating it to the correct temperature because your chops will not cook evenly.
How long do pork chops take to cook?
The thickness of the pork chops affects the cooking time. Note the thickness you want and then time accordingly from the info given below:
- Rare medium: 20-22 minutes
- Medium: 27 minutes
- Medium well: 32 minutes
- Well done: 30-35 minutes
What cooking method is best for pork chops?
Cooking pork (or any meat!) at low heat in an instant pot is the best method for juicy and flavorful meat. This method adds maximum flavor and tenderness to the chops, while cooking it in a fraction of the time.
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for pork storage:
To store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chops in a freezer friendly container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheat: Either microwave the chops for 30-40 seconds or in a hot skillet.
What to serve with this dish
We have tons of veggie and hearty sides that pair well with chops. Here are a few ideas to get you going:
Frequently Asked Questions
Like with any meat, overcooking can make instant pot pork chops dry. To ensure this doesn’t happen, follow this recipe as written and only adjust it if you are familiar with working with an instant pot.
Depending on the thickness of the pork, a typical pressure cooking time is around 27 minutes for medium thickness chops.
- 4 large bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or pork broth
Sprinkle sugar, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper on both sides of the pork chops.
Heat the Instant pot on saute mode, add the butter and brown the pork chops on both sides for 3 minutes each.
Add sauce and soup into the pot. Lock the lid and set the vent to sealing. Set the timer to 7 minutes and press the pressure cooker button.
When the cooking is done, allow a natural pressure release for several minutes then release the remaining pressure.
Serve the pork chops immediately with your favorite sides.
Serving: 1pork chop | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 363mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 7g